By now, #GivingTuesday is just a memory or a “to do list” for next year: After Black Friday, Shop Local Saturday, and Cyber Monday comes an avenue to donate, mostly online, on Tuesday. It’s a fundraising option that some of our schools use, including Concordia Lutheran High School and Redeemer Classical School.
On #GivingTuesday morning, our Social Media leader, Jessica, asked if I wanted to create a #GivingTuesday post for The Lutheran SGO of Indiana.
My reply was the following:
Yes, it’s #GivingTuesday, and any gift to The Lutheran SGO today will provide scholarships to families wanting a quality, Christian education yet this year. In addition:
- You can also #GiveWednesday with a stock gift!
- And #GiveThursday with a charitable rollover from your IRA!
- Or #GiveFriday with a gift of grain!
Now I get a chance to expand on my original thoughts!
As a bonus, Tom Ahern, fundraising communications guru, provided some good advice for #GivingTuesday, #GivingWednesday, and #GivingEveryDay:
- Giving makes you feel good
- Giving makes you feel great
- Giving makes you feel better
- Giving makes you feel wanted
- Giving makes you feel connected
- Giving makes you feel in touch
- Giving makes you feel kind
- Giving gives you purpose
- Giving is important
- Giving is important to your health
- Giving is about someone else
- Giving is about you